Today I’m pretty excited as I’m participating in the “Hello My Name Is…” Giveaway Blog Hop!” What’s that mean, exactly? Well, If I understand correctly, a blog hop is when a bunch of bloggers all provide similar content on one day, and each includes links to the other bloggers sites so that readers can just “hop” from one blog to another. At least I think that’s right, so someone correct me if I’m totally off base!
First, since this is a GIVEAWAY BLOG HOP, I guess I should tell you what I’m giving away! I’m giving away ONE FREE ADVANCE E-COPY OF THE EDGE OF NOWHERE FOR EVERY 50 PEOPLE WHO ENTER (UP TO 4 WINNERS).
This is how this will work:
1-49 Entries: 1 winner
50-99 Entries: 2 winners
100-149 Entries: 3 winners
150-199 Entries: 4 winners
The entry form is at the bottom of this page. In the meantime, I’m supposed to share information about myself, so here goes…
- The first time I ever sat down to write fiction, I turned it into a novel and that novel — The Edge of Nowhere — will be released in 12 days!
- I’m an Oklahoma Girl, born and raised, but transplanted in SE Minnesota for 23 years. I still consider myself an Oklahoma girl, and I’d give anything to go “home.”
- I am a huge fan of Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. I grew up just five miles from Garth and we have friends in common, though I never met him until roughly 2001. In fact, my cousins lived in the same town (Yukon, OK) and used to live down the street from his family. I met Garth’s mom in 1998 and she not only knew my Uncle Jim well, but told me that her kids (presumably Garth’s older siblings) used to hang out with my cousins. While I didn’t meet Garth until about 15 years ago, I have since met him enough times that I’ve truly lost count (probably six times, maybe?). This love of all-things-Garth has been passed down to my older child, and — though my younger one isn’t quite a fan — he’s probably the only 11 year old boy to know most of the words to ever Garth song out there. Have any Garth Trivia? I’m your girl! 🙂 You can see my slideshow of Garth-Related Photos below.
- My father was my high school History teacher, and I absolutely hated history in high school. Strangely enough, I found love for it in college and went on to receive a minor in history when I graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1992.
- I’m a RABID Oklahoma Sooners Football Fan. I love everything Bob Stoops and the Oklahoma Sooners, and I’m totally bummed that they lost the Orange Bowl to Clemson. With that said, I send out HUGE congrats to Clemson for a game well played. Those boys handed us our rear ends!
- My favorite book in the world is To Kill a Mockingbird, and I think it’s truly a masterpiece. The lessons contained within its pages have shaped the person I have become.
- I’m a huge fan of The Outlander Series (can I get some love for JAMMF??) and I think Ron Moore has done a beautiful job adapting it to TV with the Strarz television version. Sam Heughan is brilliant as Jamie, Caitriona Balfe is gorgeous as Claire, and who could possibly not love to hate Tobias Menzies as Black Jack Randall! ::sigh::
- I’m probably the most social person you’ll ever meet, but I hate to talk on the phone. If you call me, I might ignore the call and text you a minute later and let you know that “I missed your call…what’s up?” I’d any day rather communicate via text unless I have a lot to say.
- I’m the 4th of 5 children consisting of three brothers and one sister. Sadly, my sister (who was the oldest of us and 18 years older than myself) passed away last November, leaving me with just my brothers. Next to my husband and my children, my brothers are my whole world and I can’t imagine anything ever happening to them.
- I’ve been married for 23 years to an incredibly patient man. Together we have two children: Amber is almost 20 and a collegiate diver, and Braden is 11 and a Minecraft Guru. If you need it built, he can Minecraft build it for you! In addition to Amber and Braden, we’ve sort of adopted our daughter’s boyfriend, Nick, leaving us with three children.
Okay — so that’s all I can tell you about me. Take a minute to enter to win a free e-copy of The Edge of Nowhere by filling out the required information below, then hop on over to the next blog and see what they’re up to.
And now, the moment you’ve been waiting for: Your Giveaway Entry Form! I’ll keep this form open until January 15th at 11:59 Pacific Time. Only one entry per person. I will send either an ePub file (compatible with iBooks and Nook) or a Mobi file (compatible with Kindle). You can tell me which you need when I announce the winner in my FINAL COUNTDOWN AUTHOR TAKEOVER PARTY ON JANUARY 18TH FROM NOON TO 6:00 PM (CENTRAL TIME ZONE). Pop in to see if you’ve won!
And thanks so much for hopping over to my blog! I hope you’ll come back soon!