Oh yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I’ve arrived! After nearly three long months of writing and hoping someone is reading, I’ve finally been noticed! That’s right! I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Blog Award! My first blog award ever! WOOOOOHOOOO!
Okay….Breathe, Cathie! Breathe!
I’d like to thank The Academy…
Scratch that. There is no Academy.
I’d like to thank my readers….all ten of you! Thank you!
I’d like to thank my family for giving me the material for my blogs…you absolutely rock!
But most of all I’d like to thank Sonia from Androula’s Kitchen – Cyprus on a Plate for the nomination. She said I made her laugh, and that’s absolutely the best recognition I could ever receive. I spend hours and hours writing and editing my blog each day, hoping that it will make at least one person smile. To hear that it made someone actually laugh is the greatest praise ever! Thank you!
I’m so excited! You’d think the award came with money or fame.
Does it? Ummm…note to self: check on whether it comes with any money or fame. But for now, Breathe!
Okay. So after a great deal of investigation, this is what I’ve discovered about the Liebster Blog Award:
“The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note.”
Here are the rules:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
(Thank you to The More Occasional Baker for supplying the information regarding this award).
Okay, then! I can do this!
The following are my nominations and a little bit about why they made the list:
- A Gripping Life: This blog is intensely enjoyable. I swear the writer has crawled inside my brain and is revealing some of my most private thoughts to the world. Check her out! Except that she’s a few years older than myself, I’d think she was my long-lost twin.
- JeanDayFriday: Another great blog for comedic relief. Her most recent article about Superheroes brought back fond memories and more than a few giggles.
- Good Humored: This blog is pretty much as described by its title…Good Humored. If you have a good sense of humor, check it out!
- Declan’s Head: Okay folks, full disclosure…This is my nephew’s blog about his son, Declan, who has been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. It was a scary time for their family as they awaited the diagnosis and prognosis, but he’s been able to take a scary time and give it a bit of humor and a whole lot of information.
- Life According to Linden: I can’t say enough about this blog. I absolutely love it! It’s a young mom with her first child as she records – with no small amount of humor – the day-to-day happenings in her daughter’s life. Every parent with small children should read this blog to get an idea of how to preserve those early memories for posterity!
- Honorable Mention: Childhood Relived. Okay, I know I’m only supposed to nominate five blogs, but I couldn’t resist adding one of my all-time favorite bloggers to the list. She’d have made the top five if I could be fairly certain that she had fewer than 200 followers. Judging by the number of comments each day, I’d wager she has more…but I couldn’t be sure and didn’t want to leave her out. At any rate, if you’re into nostalgia and memories of days gone by, check her out. HIL-A-RIOUS!
Once again, a huge thank you to Sonia from Androula’s Kitchen – Cyprus on a Plate for the nomination. You completely made my day!
Leave a Reply